Citrus County Emergency Management is assisting our local government and community partners for donations of medical supplies, personal protective equipment (PPE) and disinfectants that can be used to help fight the spread of COVID-19.
These supplies will then be distributed, based on need, to critical-care facilities, local hospitals, long-term care facilities, medical offices and first responders.
Individuals and businesses are asked to donate ONLY the following items
- Surgical face masks
* P100 masks
* N95 masks
* Face shields
* Medical exam gloves, powder free
* Eye protection – such as safety glasses or goggles
* Surgical tear away gowns
* Hand sewn masks, which are able to be washed before and after use, may be utilized if the emergent need arises. Please follow accepted guidelines for making hand sewn or handmade masks.
* Mask sewing tutorial: https://www.allinahealth.org/-/media/allina-health/files/mask-sewing-how-to.pdfDisinfectants requested:
* Hand sanitizer (any size) with a minimum of 60% Alcohol content.
* 91% isopropyl alcohol
* Clorox wipes
* Lysol disinfectant spray
* Sani-cloth wipes
* 3% hydrogen peroxideIndividuals and businesses can bring items to one of five locations starting on Monday, April 6, 2020 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday – Friday, at the following locations:
* Dr. Robert Ulseth, 305 S Line Ave. in Inverness, 352-344-4791
* Padala Family Practice, 2063 N. Lecanto Hwy. Suite 1 in Lecanto (Please call ahead at 352-436-4428)
* Meadowcrest Family Physicians, 1250 N. Vantage Point Dr. in Crystal River, 352- 795-0644
* LRI Medical, 756 N. Suncoast Blvd. in Crystal River, 352-382-828
* Bellam Medical Center, 20021 SW 111th Pl. in Dunnellon, 352-465-1199
* Florida Cancer Specialists, 521 N. Lecanto Hwy. in Lecanto, 352-746-0707
The equipment must be medical grade personal protection equipment (PPE) new in the box or unused.
Other items, such as food, and clothing and blankets, are NOT accepted at the above donation sites, but we encourage you to contact local non-profits to contribute these items.