The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity has revised the July and August 2020 local area unemployment statistics released on September 18.
According to information provided by DEO’s Bureau of Workforce Statistics and Economic Research, the revision is “due to an agricultural employment atypical adjustment not being applied to the previously released data.” There is no change to the statewide labor statistics.
Regionwide, the revised data for the month of August show little change and no change in the unemployment rate.
Overall, the revisions equate expansion over the month of the regional Labor Force by 330 driven by a 330 increase in employment.
Here’s how the revisions impact the CareerSource Citrus Levy Marion region.
Region Compared to Previously Release Labor Market Information (LMI)
- Labor Force +77 to 202,211; employment +77 to 189,191; unemployed No Change (still 13,020); Jobless Rate 6.4% (NC)
- Labor Force -253 to 198,179; employment -253 to 179,057; unemployed NC 19,122; Jobless Rate 9.6% (NC)
- Region Over-the-Month Changes Using Revised Preliminary Data for August and Revised Final Data for July
- Labor Force + 4,032; employment + 10,134; unemployed -6,102 (no change in this number)
- Previously reported over-the month changes: Labor force +3,702; employed +9,804; unemployed -6,102
- Revised Comparison to Previously Released LMI (by County)
- August Labor force +259 to 46,791; employment +282 to 43,385; unemployed NC at 3,406; jobless rate NC at 7.3%
- July Labor force +268 to 45,315; employment +268 to 40,237; unemployed NC at 5,078; jobless rate NC at 11.2%
- August Labor force -197 to 16,165; employment -197 to 15,332; unemployed NC at 833; jobless rate 5.2% up from 5.1%
- July Labor force -251 to 15,533; employment -251 to 14,397; unemployed NC at 1,236; jobless rate 7.9% up from 7.8%
- August Labor force -8 to 139,255; employment -8 to 130,474; unemployed NC at 8,781; jobless rate NC at 6.3%
- July Labor force -270 to 137,231; employment -270 to 124,423; unemployed NC at 12,808; jobless rate NC at 9.3%