In accordance with Ordinance 97-02, Section 18, Citrus County has created a Hardship Assistance Program to assist residential property owners, who meet eligibility criteria, with the financial burden created by the imposition of the Municipal Services Benefit Unit (MSBU) for Solid Waste that was approved on May 27, 1997.
Applications will not be accepted after the close of business on Friday, June 29, 2018. Applications can be submitted to Citrus County Housing Services and a determination will be based upon the provided information. If deemed qualified for the hardship assistance, the County shall pay the Solid Waste MSBU imposed on the qualified homesteaded property.
The following qualifications must be met to be considered eligible for hardship assistance:
• Applicant must be the owner of the residential property and be granted homestead exemption.
• The total household income of all lawful occupants of the property shall be less than or equal to 30% of the current income limits established by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), as adjusted for family size (income limits are listed on application).
• The applicant shall have the present intent to maintain the residential property as their permanent residence through the remainder of the fiscal year.
• Prior to July 1 each year, the applicant shall file with Citrus County Housing Services an application and all supporting documentation to be considered for eligibility.
• Applications submitted without complete and proper documentation will be disqualified and denied.
Applications and supporting documentation must be submitted in person or by mail. No applications submitted by email will be considered. Supporting documentation for all occupants of the property from all sources is required and examples of documentation are included on the application. Copies of originals are encouraged and accepted. No documents will be returned. The property owner must be able to provide the Alternate Key (AK) number when completing the application and signature is required.
The application form is available at Citrus County Housing Services, Lecanto Government Building, Citrus County Courthouse Administration Office 2nd floor, the Property Appraiser’s Office, the Tax Collector’s Office and on the following website: www.citrusbocc.com.
Send completed application together with supporting documentation to:
Citrus County Board of County Commissioners
Attn: Housing Services
2804 W. Marc Knighton Court #12
Lecanto, FL 34461
If you have any questions, call Citrus County Housing Services at 352-527-7520.