State budget crafted for 2016-17

The second to last week of the 2016 Legislative Session is in the books!

Last weekend and this week, our workload was largely focused on the conference process as the Senate and the House of Representatives worked to craft the State’s final budget for the 2016-17 Fiscal Year.

Once the conference process is complete, we will then vote on the budget. After our vote, the measure will then go to the Governor who can utilize his line item veto authority before signing the measure.

The budget will officially take effect on July 1, 2016.

In addition to conferencing and continued budget work, I was pleased to send two more bills to the Governor's desk. These include the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission package, and Senate Bill 1300 relating to At-Risk Vessels.

As always, it is my honor to serve in the Florida Senate. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any service to you.

Your continued support through this Session has been greatly appreciated and I want to thank you for consistently reading my newsletters, contacting me with your thoughts and concerns on legislation, your visits to my office in Tallahassee, and being engaged during this Legislative Session.

Recent comments

No comments available.

SO YOU KNOW:

• Use the "Contact Us" link at the top of the page to send in your news tips, calendar events and stories.
  • You must register to comment.
  • Any comments must be approved before they will appear, even if you're registered.
  • No libel, slander, sexual innuendo. No profanity; be civil. BE BRIEF !